Whether you’re into the latest in green, earth-friendly fashions or want to deck out your home in a sustainable manner, you can find loads of inspiration and shopping ideas on the internet. These blogs keep up with what’s going on in green design from a variety of perspectives, and with so many to choose from, you’re bound to find something that sparks your interest.
These sites are great places to look for news and information on green design in everything from a pair of pants to a new car.
- Fabulously Green: Designer and editor Stephanie Zhong runs this blog which provides links and photos to stylish (and green) fashion and interior design ideas.
- TreeHugger: This environmentally conscious blog can be a great place to find information on almost any green issue, but they regularly post articles on both green fashion and design to help you look stylishly in harmony with the earth.
- Victoria Everman: This blogger is a public speaker, writer and more, and shares her suggestions for green home and fashion design on her site.
- Green Girls Global/Green Guys Global: Learn how to be a greener shopper, check out your own closet, and develop your own eco-conscious style on these two gender specific blogs.
- Style Will Save Us: This funky and fun online magazine provides tons of features on green clothing, home design, beauty products and more.
- EcoStreet: Keep up with new happenings in fashion, design, energy, recycling and much more on this blog covering a wide spectrum of green issues.
- Ecobites: This blog posts loads of articles that cover topics like buying greener footwear, watching out for led in lipsticks and making your home less toxic.
- GreenStyle Magazine: With articles on everything from environmentally friendly jeans to choosing the most energy efficient scooter, this blog is sure to provide something that sparks your style interest.
- Low Impact Living: Check out this blog for some tips and advice on changing your lifestyle, from the way you dress to the kind of food you eat.
- ecosalon: This blog is a great place to find articles about up and coming or established green designers, both in the fashion world and in home decor.
- Line Dry It: If you wear clothes, you hopefully wash them on occasion. This blog focuses on saving energy by line drying clothes rather than tossing them in the dryer.
- Crafting a Green World: Find out about a number of organic fabrics on this blog that you can use to make clothes or decorate with as well as ideas for other crafts.
- Haute Nature: This wonderful blog provides readers with green ideas for design, living, fashion, furniture, building and much more.
Vintage and Used
Check out these blogs for advice an inspiration on making old things new again.
- DC Goodwill Fashion Blog: Get some tips on how you can create fashion forward outfits from vintage stores as well as some other miscellaneous fashion advice in this blog.
- Righteous (re)Style: Here you’ll find tons of information and some really cool links to fashion and design that comes from recycled, repurposed and second hand sources.
- Vintage Fashion Guild: If you love vintage fashion, check out this blog which provides links and photos of cool and still stylish clothing that can help your wallet and the earth.
- Zuburbia: Get some ideas on being stylish while staying budget and environmentally conscious on this vintage clothing blog.
- EverydayTrash: Want to make your trash into something better? Give this blog a read for fashionable ways you can reuse things you already have.
Organic and Sustainable Clothing
These blogs concentrate on providing news and suggestions for the best in organic and earth-friendly clothing.
- Eco-Chick: The author of this blog, Starre Varta, also has a book published on being fabulously green and shares her tips and suggestions for young women who want to look good while staying green in this blog.
- Green Cotton: Here you can read about ways that organic cotton is being used in everything, from coats to underwear and get a better idea of the process of what truly makes green cotton.
- Fashion, evolved.: Give this blog a read to learn about organic clothing companies, get insights into the fashion industry and even get weekly recaps of Project Runway.
- Organic Clothing Blog: If you are curious about organic clothing and want to know more about what goes into manufacturing it, check out this blog, which has a plethora of information on the topic.
- The Cleanest Line: Patagonia, an organic and sustainable clothing company, publishes this blog to keep customers and employees updated on their line and green lifestyles.
- The Greenloop: Stay in the loop on organic fashion with this blog, which features interviews with designers and business owners, news and shopping tips.
- Eco Fabulous: Find new places to shop, get ideas on reusing what you already own and loads of other suggestions on greening your wardrobe in this fashion-conscious blog.
- Zoica Matei: Keep up with what’s going on in the fashion world from a green perspective in this Atlanta-based blog.
- Smarter Fashion Blog: Here you can learn about companies that have decided to go green, find some cute green fashions and even learn to keep all those pesky clothes catalogs from coming to your inbox.
- Hippyshopper: Get pointed in the direction of hundreds of eco-friendly and stylish items on this green shopping blog.
- Cebra Ethical Chic: You can use this blog as a guide to finding fair trade and ecological conscious items, especially cool accessories to jazz up your wardrobe.
- Lucky for Baby: If you wear organic clothing, why shouldn’t your baby too? This blog can get you pointed in the right direction.
- Pier 32: This company sells its own t-shirts, but this blog covers a wide range of organic and green clothing lines to help you make educated shopping decisions.
- MissMalaprop: While this indie fashion blog doesn’t focus entirely on green products, it does provide regular postings on eco-friendly clothes and bags that can take you from winter to summer and even back to school.
- Jolly Green Girl: Learn how to use reusable bags, find eco-friendly fashion designers and more on this green blog.
Interior Design and Architecture
Get some ideas on jazzing up your home without hurting the environment in these blogs.
- Green Roof Design: Roofs are spaces that often go to waste. This blog can show you how to turn yours into a lovely and potentially productive garden.
- Small Space Living: Living in a small space can use a lot less resources but can sometimes be cramped. This blog gives you some ideas and suggestions on making the most of the space you have.
- re-nest: This blog illustrates a wide range of green design projects from stairways to entire green homes.
- Green Your Decor: Use this blog as a starting point to finding products that not only help the environment (or at least don’t hurt it) while making your home look fabulous.
- Green Garden Design: Don’t just make the interior of you home green, keep your landscaping pretty and earth friendly as well.
- Inhabitat: This popular blog is a great place to read about new and exciting products and ideas for your home, inside and out.
- Path Design: Find furniture, fabrics and information on great products that can help you create a warm home while still staying true to your inner greenie.
- Sustainable Design Update: If architectural and industrial design is more your taste, check out this blog for the latest news on green innovations in technology, building and design.
- GreenFab: Find out what’s going on in the world of sustainable architecture in the articles and photos provided through this interesting blog.
- Colors of Swallowtail: Here you’ll find some neat and environmentally friendly ideas for decorating your home and purchasing furniture.
- Sustainable Style Foundation: Keep your style sustainable with postings that can help you find earth-friendly and sleek furniture, home supplies and much more.
- Holistic Interior Design: Keep the interior of your home holistic and serene with some suggestions and advice from this design blog.
- EcoKind Design: This designer focuses on making her customer’s homes more earth friendly, even if it’s just one step at a time. Check out her blog for more stories, photos and suggestions.
- Greenwix: Peruse the design and style section of this blog to get ideas on decorating your home with a green twist.
- Green Design Girl: Mariela Campo is a designer who works for HGTV and uses her blog to highlight some great and green home products.
- UrthFriendly: Whether you’re looking to get safer paints, or furnish your bedroom, this blog can give you some informative articles on various aspects of green home design.
- Green by Design: With tons of posts on both green architecture and interior design, this blog is sure to have something that strikes your fancy.
If you enjoyed this article, please bookmark it at del.icio.us »